Happy Thanksgiving ! I can’t believe is October already ! This year has gone by so fast ! Thanksgiving is a good time to take a step back and think about what’s important to us and be appreciative. We tend to get carried away with our busy daily lives. As I get older, I realize happiness can come from the simplest things. This is a quote that I read recently and couldn’t agree more….. “When things aren’t adding up in your life, start subtracting “. Sometimes we put so much weight on our shoulders that we are living less with more….
Here is a simple thing that makes me happy….my daughter’s drawing…..and yeah, the coffee too !
Ok, getting back to my Thanksgiving dessert for tonight. It’s a really easy one….. I put it together in like 30 minutes. Cause I’d rather spend more time with my family than in the kitchen all day !
Makes about 2-4 servings
- 150 g pumpkin puree
- 250 g soft cream cheese
- 90 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 12-16 ginger cookies
- Whipped cream and toasted walnuts for toppings (optional)
- Whisk together cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth
- Mix in pumpkin puree and spices
- To assemble, coarsely crush ginger cookies, layer with pumpkin mixture top with whipped cream and toasted walnuts if desired