This is a quick and simplified version of tiramisu. You can put it in a nice wine glass and I am sure your dinner guests will be impressed !
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar if desire
- 6-8 lady fingers
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dissolve coffee in about 2 tablespoons of hot water, add a teaspoon of granulated sugar to sweeten slightly if desire, place coffee in a shallow plate
- Cut lady fingers in smaller pieces to fit in glass
- Beat cheese and sugar together for about 3 minutes until creamy and smooth
- Dip lady fingers into coffee
- Layer cheese, lady fingers, cocoa powder in glass
If you cannot find mascarpone cheese, you can substitute it with cream cheese. You can dip the lady fingers for a longer time in the coffee if you want a stronger coffee taste.