I was looking into my freezer this morning, trying to plan for dinner. Then I realized I still have half a box of phyllo pastry ! So, I came up with the idea of making these mini tarts. As for dinner tonight ? I still don’t know what to make?????
Makes about 8 tarts
- 4 sheets of phyllo pastry, thawed
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash, peel, core and cut apples in small pieces
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a non-stick pot over medium heat
- Cook until apples are tender, about 6-8 minutes, set aside
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo sheet flat, brush lightly with remaining melted butter, put a second sheet on top and brush again with butter. Repeat with 2 more sheets of phyllo
- Cut phyllo stack into squares, (about 4 inch x 4 inch each), place each piece into a muffin cup
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until golden
- Spoon apple fillings into tart shell, serve warm
Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Gala or Macintosh apples would work well.