Trifle is a dessert that usually consists of pound cake, fruits, jam, custard and whipped cream. I changed it to a healthier and easier version by using yoghurt. For the cake base, I used a microwaved mug cake. You can bake your own cake or use a store-bought one.
Makes 3-4 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
For the mug cake
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 60 mL milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coat inside of mugs with 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla extract and egg until blended (butter may still be warm, add egg at the end to prevent curdling)
- Add flour and salt, whisk until smooth
- Pour into mugs, no more than half full
- Microwave for about 90 seconds
For the trifle
- 300-400 g mug cake or store-bought cake
- 100 g fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup pure raspberry jam
- 200 g vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt
- Coarsely mash raspberries with fork, add jam, mix until blended
- Layer cake, raspberry mixture, yoghurt in desired container…..Dig in!
I like that you used greek yoghurt. I prefer it to whipping cream and it still makes for a delicious dessert. They look cute and sooo delectable!
I’m all about the Trifles this day and in the process of making a new one this weekend. Looks delicious!
I like that you used a mug cake to make just enough for your trifles. I usually associate trifle with leftover cake or a big production dessert, so it’s nice to see a method that gets you trifle when you’ve got the craving!
This is a great way to use up some lemon cupcakes I tried that didn’t turn out so well! Thanks for the idea!
I always think of that Friends thanksgiving episode where Rachel made a weird trifle when I see trifle lol. Yours look delightful. I’ve never made one before but better late than never! Awesome for when you have leftover cake. Pinned for later!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Jolina! I was just planning to make some today with my leftover chocolate cake and some soon expired yoghurt ! I love Friends too ！😊