There are so many recipes you can do with pumpkins, sweet or savory. They are not only for carving and making jack-o’-lantern ! Freshly made pumpkin puree tastes much better than canned and it costs less. Use it to make your muffins, pies, cheesecakes, soup, etc. You can also save the seeds and roast them with olive oil and salt for a healthy treat !
Makes about 2-3 cups puree
- Two medium-sized pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Wash pumpkins, cut stems off, scrape out seeds and fibre
- Cut pumpkins into large pieces
- Bake on baking sheets lined with parchment paper for about 45 minutes until fork-tender
- Remove skin, puree with blender
It can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
Pingback: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Caramel Sauce | Tiny Sweet Tooth
Pingback: Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cake | Tiny Sweet Tooth