Happy Canada Day!
Can’t believe I have been in this country for 26 years! I am so thankful that my parents made the decision to move to Canada. I love this country, the friendly people, the weather (especially for us who are in the west coast), the amazing scenery. It’s a fantastic place for my kids too, so many activities they can enjoy. (Well, only now I am worried they won’t be able to afford to have their own house when they grow up….)
Our weather has been really nice and today is a great day for a picnic or BBQ. These little popsicles make a perfect cool treat and are so easy to make.
Makes about 12 popsicles
- 850 g vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt
- 1 kg fresh raspberries
- 200 g granulated sugar (adjust to your own taste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare raspberries by heating them together with sugar and lemon juice in a non-stick pot over medium heat
- Turn heat down to low when liquid starts to bubble
- Gently mesh raspberries with a wooden spoon, cook until thickened
- Strain seeds, let cool
- To make popsicles, layer yoghurt and raspberry sauce alternately in small paper cups or popsicle molds, freezing in between layers (You can also swirl them together to make a marble effect). That’s it, enjoy!