This frosting can be used to decorate cupcakes. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired.
Makes about 2 cups
- 3/4 unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter at medium speed until creamy
- Add icing sugar in 3-4 portions, beat well after each addition, continue to cream until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth
Scrape down the sides and bottom of mixing bowl to make sure frosting is well blended. Frosting can be stored in airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Cupcakes make good treats for birthday parties and the kids just love them !
Makes about 12 regular or 30 mini cupcakes
- 1 and 1/3 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter,softened
- 90 mL milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Using an electric mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well
- Add half of the flour, then half of the milk, mix well, then add the other halves and mix until well blended
- Pour batter into slightly greased cupcake paper cups and bake in cupcake or muffin tins for 23-25 minutes for regular, and 13-14 minutes for minis
- Decorate with vanilla frosting and colored sprinkles as desired
See recipe for Vanilla Frosting