This frosting can be used to decorate cupcakes. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired.
Makes about 2 cups
- 3/4 unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter at medium speed until creamy
- Add icing sugar in 3-4 portions, beat well after each addition, continue to cream until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth
Scrape down the sides and bottom of mixing bowl to make sure frosting is well blended. Frosting can be stored in airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.