My daughter and I worked together to get the taste right, even my son, who normally doesn’t like sweet things finds them yummy !
Makes about 16 muffins
- 150 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 and 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix
- Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the milk and mix. Then add the other halves and mix all together, scraping down sides of bowl
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter in lightly greased muffin paper cups to about three-quarters full
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Let cool in muffin trays for about 2 minutes, then transfer to rack and cool completely
Batter is slightly runny and lumpy. Check if muffins are done by putting a toothpick in the middle, it should come out clean.